CMI is an Oregon Corporation headquartered in Portland Oregon. Kaye Youngren, its C.E.O. and Owner founded the company in 1972 under the name of Condominium Management, Inc. Since its original formation CMI has been registered to do business in the State of Washington. The name of the company was changed in 1993 to Community Management, Inc., to more accurately reflect the broad base of clients CMI serves.
Your Community – Our Commitment
Your Community – Our Commitment is more than just words to CMI’s staff members. CMI has been a pioneer in meeting the ever-changing needs of community association. From single-family homeowners’ associations to, townhouse developments to, sophisticated high-rise buildings and everything in between – CMI is here to serve Your Community.
Cutting Edge Maintenance Programs
We take a great deal of pride in the fact that each of our Associations is very well maintained. In 1993 the CAI Oregon Chapter initiated a Community Association of the Year Award for Oregon communities (planned unit developments, condominium and townhouses). The award is given to one association in each of four size categories. Physical plant maintenance was an important consideration in the judging of the awards. Annually, we submit applications for this award on behalf of several of our clients. We are very proud to be able to say that our clients have been selected for this coveted award in each of the last 15 years!
Full Service Company
Responding to the ever-changing needs of our clients has been the hallmark of CMI’s growth. In 1981 we created a maintenance division. We then became a registered general contractor. In 2004, we expanded beyond maintenance and began offering other services, such as concierge staff, to our clients. Community Management Inc Services Division (CMISD) is a service division of Community Management, Inc., and provides a wide scope of services to our client communities ranging from changing a light bulb to major construction repairs. Uniformed, courteous technicians provide emergency response service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our mission is to provide timely, professional, and cost-conscious services to our clients. So whether it is a concierge program, maintaining your swimming pool or spa, having your parking lot or gutters cleaned, or rebuilding a deck, CMISD is here to serve your community.
Active In Trade and Professional Organizations
CMI has been an enthusiastic affiliate in Community Associations Institute (CAI) since the founding of the Oregon – CAI Chapter in 1981. CAI is a national organizations of community managers and Board members. CMI is a founding member of Oregon Washington Community Managers Association (OWCAM) an inter-state trade organization that furthers professional and ethical service and education to community managers among community managers.
A CMI Community Manager was the founding delegate who was instrumental in forming the Legislative Action Committee (LAC) for Oregon-CAI. This group works closely with the legislature on matters of significance to our homeowners associations, and to those of us that work in to the community association industry field. CMI is also active in the “working group” of professionals who have organized to participate in legislative issues in Oregon that relate to our industry.
As part of our participation in both OWCAM and CAI, CMI proudly subscribes to their Codes of Ethics as a demonstration of our commitment to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
Continual Staff Education
CMI invests heavily in the continuing education of its community mangagers. Our community managers attend accounting classes at Portland Community College. We have found this education to be very valuable in training our managers to analyze client’s financial reports. Additionally, as part of our commitment to excellence, our Community Managers (as well as several of our staff members) attend local, regional and national seminars and classes sponsored by our trade organizations; this keeps us on the cutting edge of changes within our industry.
Several of CMI’s community managers have obtained CAI’s highest designation Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM). Our remaining Community Managers are studying for their PCAM designations as well. In 2001 CMI was awarded the coveted CAI designation of Accredited Association Management Company (AAMC). CMI is one of the only management companies in the State of Oregon to be granted this designation. To learn more about designations see CMI’s national website here: calonline.org
Our staff receives on-going training in the use of the latest software programs. Beyond the continual training of our staff, CMI also offers extensive training to board members and even host regular virtual trainings for board members.
CMI’s commitment extends well beyond managing communities by supporting its staff in their involvement in community service activities. Our staff is encouraged to participate in charity and community-based activities. We continue our involvement as follows:
- CMI hosts an Annual Food Drive each December benefitting the Sunshine Division.
- Corporate and Service Division Staff participated in Polish the Pearl and won the award for the most participants.
- The Citadel Military College of South Carolina Scholarship Foundation
- Northwest Medical Team – Hurricane Relief Fund
- Salvation Army – Operation Santa Claus for the families of deployed soldiers.
- USO – Operation UpLink (phone cards for deployed soldiers so they could call home).
- Family Assistance to injured soldiers.
- Family Assistance to families of deployed soldiers.
- Youth Guidance is a home for displaced teenagers. We provided personal hygiene and room furnishings for 8 children.
- Purchased back to school supplies for under privileged children and children of single moms.
- Nashville Red Cross. Tornado Relief.
- Participated in the CAI Golf tournament, Committees, both locally and Nationally, and the Chapter’s Board of Directors.
- USO, Operation Enduring Care meeting the special needs of troops wounded in the War on Terror.
- CaringBridge, CaringBridge® is a nonprofit 501 organization offering free personalized Web sites to those wishing to stay in touch with family and friends during significant life events. Our mission is to bring together a global community of care powered by the love of family and friends in an easy, accessible and private way.
CMI is proud to continue to support our military through USO, Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, Operation Adopt-A-Soldier or Marine and Operation Adopt-A-Soldier. And we encourage others to play a part. Click on these links above to involve yourself!